I don't have to expand on what I have been remembering today. It's something that I'm sure was in a lot of thoughts. It's been 5 years and my chest still gets tight and my throat aches when I think about it. I remember the moment I found out about it. I was at work, we had just heard on the radio that there had been a crash in NYC. We all ran for the tv in the lunch room and while we stood there in shock the second plane hit.
Sometimes I think that I must be a terrible writer since I cannot put into words, what I felt/still feel. I can't imagine how the families of all the souls who passed on deal with it. Day to day I guess. The second most horrifying moment to that was when the first tower crumbled and the newscaster started yelling about how it was full of firemen and policemen. I still get teary just thinking about it.
We're lucky in that in this part of the world, being touched by such evil has a deep effect on us. For all those living in countries torn apart by war, it's a daily occurance.
I'm not trying to be depressing, but I needed to say something.
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (26)
- ► 2007 (94)
- I broke out in goosebumps...
- Heading East....really East
- An obvious avoidence of reality
- Guilt: (n) the little blob on my shoulder
- Not exactly the best of times
- You let them watch what!!
- Why is being Healthy so expensive??
- Support Your Troops!!!!
- Taking a day off.
- Just a spit over half way
- 12 thousand just isn't a whole lot anymore
- The dawn of a new school year YEH!!!
- A rather Mathmatical morning...I need more coffee
- Ernesto decided to come for a visit
- ▼ September (15)