Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

I don't have to expand on what I have been remembering today. It's something that I'm sure was in a lot of thoughts. It's been 5 years and my chest still gets tight and my throat aches when I think about it. I remember the moment I found out about it. I was at work, we had just heard on the radio that there had been a crash in NYC. We all ran for the tv in the lunch room and while we stood there in shock the second plane hit.

Sometimes I think that I must be a terrible writer since I cannot put into words, what I felt/still feel. I can't imagine how the families of all the souls who passed on deal with it. Day to day I guess. The second most horrifying moment to that was when the first tower crumbled and the newscaster started yelling about how it was full of firemen and policemen. I still get teary just thinking about it.

We're lucky in that in this part of the world, being touched by such evil has a deep effect on us. For all those living in countries torn apart by war, it's a daily occurance.

I'm not trying to be depressing, but I needed to say something.

1 comment:

Mechele Armstrong said...

Sometimes, even for writers, there are just no words.

I spent some of that day watching CNN's broadcast from that day. I'd never seen it because I had the kidlets who were tiny. I was amazed at what I saw even having seen the clips. Spent it very teary.

I think it's good to remember what happened. It was such a "thing."