Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The dawn of a new school year YEH!!!

Officially ending the summer. *sad sigh*

The munchkins headed off to school today, armed with spaking new book bags, pencils, glue sticks and assorted gadgets. I just got home and am debating on pouring a blob of celebratory baileys in my coffee and doing a happy dance at the end of the driveway. You know if everyone on the street did it, that would be a hoot. I need to find a neighborhood where everyone is as strange as I am.

I need to get any extra exercise I can. We were at Ribfest this weekend. Aaarrggghhh *drooling. Damn it was soo good. The weather sucked rocks but surrounded by gallons of BBQ sauce no one cared LOL. I think this picture is from last year of a brief moment on Saturday when the sun made an appearance for about 3 minutes. I didn't take it I nicked it from a ribfest website. We were there on Sunday, overcast, rainy, but not as crowded. Smaller crowds means the line-ups are a bit shorter. So this year we hit "Bibbs Ribs" cause they rock every year. Also we tried "Porky's and Beans" Hubby has a new favourite. I managed to get 2 ribs out of the rack, almost lost a finger when grabbing the second.
Ribs to Hubby is like Truffles to Me.
As I've mentioned before I go for the beans *sigh* They kill your digestive system but damn they taste good. Only 360 more days till Ribfest 2007.

My word count is progressing along I am happy to say. So far I'm averaging about a grand a day which I figure is a good pace. That should give me (hopefully enough) time to tear it into pieces and get all the needed editing done.

Speaking of which I had better see why my fevered brain can come up with this morning. I've got a few hours before I have to be at work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

School starts tomorrow here! feel free to move to Jersey, then there might be at least two strange people dancing at the end of the driveway and I wont be doin it alone *g*

Look at that christmas short graph move! hope today was productive!

lol okay in order to go to ribfest 2007 what goals do you have to meet?

((hugs)) Keep it up!

FeyRhi said...

well yesterday wasn't as productive as I had hoped. Apparently I'm much more creative in the evenings but yesterday and today I am working during that time. I tried to write at work but there is just too many distractions (go figure). So I'm going to do my best to make up for it today. Tomorrow is my day off so where I ever I leave off I am determined to be at the bottom of 6G' by tomorrow night. That's my half way point.