Monday, September 04, 2006

A rather Mathmatical morning...I need more coffee

Math is not really one of my strong points but I've always found the theorys interesting in small amounts LOL. There are a couple spacific numbers that show up in life regularly enough to really to spark my interest. The problem with math is that I can understand how something works in my head but not be able to put it into words. Which is why I'll pepper this post with links to places that can explaim it better then I

First is the Divine Proportion 1.618. Also known as Phi. It's really intereting how often this number shows up in nature. If you have ever read the Da Vinci Code then you know what I am talking about. For example of you take the measurement from your shoulder to your fingers and divide it by the measurement from your elbow to your fingers guess what you get?

Then there is the Number 3.
The Goddess - Maiden, Mother, Crone
The christian God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit
The three divisions of time - past, present and future.
The three persons in grammar - me, myself and I.
The three kingdoms of matter - animal, vegetable or mineral.

Then there is another favourite of mine the tv show Numb3rs It's one of the few that I actually watch out for the season premier.

What the hell is all this about you might ask? Well I have a new word count up and this is an elaborate way of trying to justify it. I think my brain works better if I work on 3 things at once. Yea that's it.
It's just for short term. I want to see if I can make a goal that was not set by me. So I have until the beginning of October to have a completed 12,000 word manuscript on somthing that has to do with Christmas.
Can I actually do it? Only time will tell. But if I can't then I really am going to have to take a good hard look at how committed I really am to the ultimate goal of being published.

Hobby or future career. I can't play forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it! lol I just finished the freebee course Fifty books in a year! they gave great organizatinal advice lol And part of it was laying out your calendar and figuring out how many words per project you needed to do per day/week/month/year to reach your goals!

I am so not math oriented and the panster in me is fighting being that organized. but like you, i figure if i am serious I need to get at least some sort of schedule ironed out.

stick with the 12,000 get it done! it will feel great to have something completed. there are those of us that have a 12.000 and and 60,000 due by end of Oct. so we can cheer each other on!

Did you get to enjoy the ribs and beans?
(((HUGS)))
Mari/Maureen

FeyRhi said...

Your on Maureen! I'm breaking out hte pompoms and my cheerleading outfit. Well maybe not the cheerleading outfit I don't think I could get one leg in something like that let alone my hips LOL

mmmmbeansmmmmm

Good luck on your word counts I'll be watching them. *G*