Saturday, October 07, 2006

Wine, geography, wine, men, wine...

It's amazing how much better one feels after a couple glasses of wine. Tonight's selection is the Torres Gran Sangre de Toro Riserva 2001. It's a blend of Garnacha, Carinena & Syrah from Spain. I won't bore you with the details of a proper tasting note. Trust me it's good. LOL

I remember being is school and hating Geography. To be honest I pretty well blew the class off and squeeked by with barely a passing grade. At the time I figured that I "would never need to know geography". If I remember correctly I was going to be a sound mixer in a recording studio therefore geography was a waste of my time. What did I end up becoming?A damn product consultant for the LCBO! Knowing maps of wine making countries is a must as well as microclimates and soil structure. Geesh now I wish I had paid more attention. LOL

On a less then mature note....

Isn't he gorgeous!! Yes, my obsession with "Supernatural" knows no bounds. This is Jensen Ackles (AKA Dean). I try to remind myself that I am 7 years older them him therefor, I really should be *sighing* over men closer to my own age but DAMN!!

You know I think I will use his image as a template for one of my characters in a future book. What do you think? Eros? or Bacchus? *giggle*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH, he's definitely a Bacchus. Be more than willing to peel a grape to two for him *G*

Anonymous said...

AARRRGH, The above comment was from me. Hand me a glass of that Torres Gran Sangre de Toro Riserva 2001, think I could use a glass about now.

FeyRhi said...

LOL, just blame it on being so overwhelmed by the picture. I'd believe you *G*

Sorry wine's all gone, I'm suffering the after-effects today. When will I learn?