Thursday, October 19, 2006

mustwrite, mustwrite, mustwrite

I am beginning to hate my job....well that's not quite right. I still enjoy my job. I just hate the fact that I have to be there 40+ hours a week. On my day off I take the kids to school and am faced with all the moms who know each other and chat away together. They help out at the school and are always home for their kids. I want that too!

Of course this all started with my oldest commenting that she only sees me a little bit anymore because I am always working. Yes insert knife and twist. She was haveing a 'dramatic moment' but still it hurt.

I don't expect that writing will suplement my income, but if I was sucessful enough to work part time a few days a week. I'd be happy with that. That way I could be home with them. At 7 and 9 I don't have many years left before they aren't going to want to spend time with me anymore. I'll be the dorky mum that embarasses them in public. Right now they think I'm funny.

Yea I know your thinking the 'grass is always greener and all that shit'. Sure stay at home moms don't have it easy and work just as hard as the rest of us. Many of them babysit to help cover expenses. Not my cuppa. I'm not looking for the easy way. I just want to spend more time with my kids. I'll be happy to work full time after they have moved out and I am looking for an escape from my husband LOL

No comments: