Monday, July 24, 2006

5 days left...

And I am on vacation! I cannot wait. It's not that I dislike my job, I just really need to get away. We are going on our annual trip UP-UP North to our friend's dad's cottage.

Sunday to Friday we will be up in the Muskoka's. Home to bears and wildlife, where the night sky is as black as pitch and you never realized exactly how many stars you don't see in the city.

Considering the adventures past years have offered, (the baby bear scare, and last year the chickenpox and leech insident) I think I had better pack more wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writing is a humbling experience.

Once again I will be delaying my personal goal. I really suck at keeping scheduels, especially when I am the one setting the pace. I'm having a hell of a time with this story. It's just growing stagnant and I don't know what is wrong with it. Everytime I think I have it figured out... it goes well for a while and then fizzles.

I'm not sure if I have too much going on in the story or not enough. OR perhaps if I could get more then a few minutes at a time to work on it, it would go better.

I'm at a loss at the moment what to do. At the moment I think the entire thing sucks and I should just toss it out the proverbial window and start over. Of course then I worry that I am going to spend my incredibly short career as a writer starting projects and then tossing them to start another.... I could always stack the half finished manuscripts in the downstairs closet, next to the hundreds of half finished knitting and crosstitch projects.

No comments: