Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentines~Schmanentines

I know it doesn't sound very romantic but I am just not a big fan of Valentiens Day. Despite the fact that I did have fun dressing up my avatar LOL.

Such a big deal is made out of this one day as if our self esteem or self worth is measure by it. This was the day I hated most when I was in high school. The school sold flowers that got delivered to home-room on the morning of the 14th. I can remember wishing and praying that I would get at least one but never did. Of course I wasn't one of the "pretty" girls. Too tall, too skinny, too shy. Whatever.

Of course over time I grew into my height, meaning that I eventually developed curves in all the right places, even if I wish now I wasn't so curvy in some places *G* I'm still a bit shy around people I don't know but I am comfortable with my self. I don't beat myself up when I have goober moment.

I found a wonderful man who drives me insane and pisses me off and loves me to death. So the 14th of February doen't mean what it used to anymore. I have fun doing things for my girls. Hubby picks up a small boquet of flowers for each of them and meets them at school with it. LOL I pity their future boyfriends they will have such high expectations. For me I have my hubby and my writing everyday of the year.

1 comment:

Mechele Armstrong said...

Awwwwwwwwww. That's so sweet.

My dh too went and got the girls something sweet. He's really good about Valentine's. But yeah, there were some that weren't so fun.