Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Heroine formerly known as "That Nameless Bimbo"

I dont' believe it. Last night she finally agreed on a name. Amaryllis? Can you believe it? It's Greek and means "sparkling". I'm sure it will work into her personality at some point because it's not a term I would use to discribe her. But she is willing to let me shorten it to Amy (which means well loved). I am keeping with the Greek God(esses)it just seemed logical to give her a greek name since there is some confusion at the beginning. Took some getting use to but by this morning it was starting to grow on me. Amaryllis Bitonou....yea it works. It is amazing how much better I feel now. I actually can't wait to write more. *G*

~~~~~

So far today I have brushed up on my Navarra wine regions, painted one coat on my nails, plotted some more on my book, finished reading "Bait' by Karen Robards, and that was after I got the kids up, dressed, fed, lunches made and driven to school. Can you say nervous energy?

I'm trying not to let my own anxiety level creep up on me. Annoying as hell is the fact that I know what is bothering me and I knew it would happen. Logically one would think that they would cancel each other out? *snort* Apparently not. So back to plotting and distracting myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on her finally agreeing to a name! I like it!

Anonymous said...

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Congratulations Corrine it's a lovely name

Mechele Armstrong said...

I love the name. I like the unusual ones.

FeyRhi said...

Toni, Paz and Michele Thank you so much for your reassurance LOL ;o)

I'll admit when I first came up with it I kinda arched an eyebrow and thought it was a bit of a mouthful

I wanted something kinda hippish, considering her mother is a Bacchus worshiping party animal. "Amaryllis" fitted that and later "Amy" seemed more casual and adult. "Biton" actually means son of a priestess and the suffix 'ou' is very common in greek surnames.

Not sure if any of this will come out in the book, but I know why it's her name *G*

Her entire name was thanks to Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Character Naming Sourcebook."