Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spanish Wine and Cheesey Insecurities

I'm working a really cool function called Bravo Espana tomorrow night. Can't wait, but I should brush up on my Spanish regions tonight. LOL

I know the table I am working at is featuring wines from the Navarra region. Should be fun, the tickets weren't that expensive so it cuts down on the amount of arrogant wine snobs that will attend. I hate having to work functions filled with pretentious know-it-alls. Spoils it for everyone when you get some loud mouth spouting an opinion that no one, especially myself, wants to hear. My guess is the crowd will be younger and more willing to experiment. Spanish wines are apparently the newest trend and are forcasted to take over the Australian dominated younger market. The crowd tomorrow will be more telling then any number cruncher when it comes to trends though.

The only drawback is that it's downtown Toronto and I won't get home on the train till after 11. Travelling around on the subways and Go trains at that time of night makes me a bit nervous as well. Yes my daughter inheritated her anxiety levels from me. I'll have myself work into a nervous wreck by the time my train leaves tomorrow but I'm sure it will be fine. I'll have 45 minutes on the train, peace and quiet with no one bothering me to work out plots and personality traits.

I've really been draggin' my heels over my writing. Missing that contest really took the wind out of my sails. But I'm not going to let it bother me anymore. *stomping foot*

This is my year! I will finish at least one book and have it submitted to every editor I can beg and plead my case to. *G*

I do find that I spend more time thinking about what I should write then just writing. Still not sure if it is a good thing. Plotting is good but can you over-plot? I mean I am almost sick and tired of second guessing myself all the time; To the point where I am ready to ditch it and start something new. Of course that could be one of the major reasons that I don't have anything finished.

No comments: