Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Anti Rape Condom?

Yes I should be writing I know, Piss off. This has got me thinking.....
oh and for the record I did write some more ideas in my notebook today.

****************
Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled
The prototype of a new female condom is intended to identify rapists. The anti-rape device, called the "Rapex," hooks onto an attacker's penis, and can only be surgically removed.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/health.jsp?feature=newz_0805anti_rape
****************

Right off the bat the name is wrong. It won't prevent a rape because there has to be penetration for this thing to work. Also according to the report it should help the woman escape. As far as I'm concerned penetration isn't the only tramatic part of a rape. But I don't want to get into that right now. Is this sounding more like a band-aid solution??

Now this could be a good idea or a REALLY bad one. What if some bitch wants to get back at an ex or trap some poor schmuck then damn she can hook him and then scream rape and the guy is screwed both ways.

Yes I am thinking of the negative things first. It seems like a good idea on the surface but damn.

According to the video blurb (i actually had to watch a rolaids commercial before I saw the news article, how wierd was that?) It has been invented in South Africa where 1 in 9 pople have HIV (Fuck me 1 IN 9!!!!) This way women can protect themselves from STD and catch the attackers. Now there is a worry that this will cause more violence against women in retaliation.

I don't know. There is something wrong here. Like I said good theory but in reality? I'll have to let it perculate on the back burner a bit more.....

Oh yea the report also said the they haven't tested the Rapex yet.
Well duh.......Do you know any man that would willingly volunteer to have a dozen or so hooks jabbed into his penis and then have to have surgery to remove them?

No comments: