Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out their including my own.
(Although I don't think she reads this but just in case.)

My favourite part of this day are the gifts the girls made at school for me. I don't need anything else because nothing can measure up to those. This year I got a decorated flowerpot that has a pen with a flower stuck to the top of it and a styrophome cup covered in foil with a bunch of 'forget-me-nots' growing in it. I was thrilled with both, as I can never find a pen when I need one and I love little flowers.

Also there are the big construction paper cards with hand prints all over them and little poems and 'I love you's. Ryleigh drew hearts and kisses all over hers Teaghan's had written "I (heart) U fume The winbe ubuve U" I love you from the wind above you.

I'm not sure what they are called but she had written a sentance for every letter in
the word MOTHER.

Mom who loves
One hero
Terrific MOM
Hogs the computer
Eats chocolate
Reads books for moms only

I wasn't sure of the Hero part but she said that was when we were up north, when the bear came out of the woods and I grabbed her hand and saved her.

Well that was a few years ago and the story has stretched in her imagination a bit. A baby bear did come out of the woods and we all ran in the house in case the mom was near by (she never came out of the woods) and while I did grab Teaghan's hand it was her Uncle who scooped her up and ran for the house (I was carrying Ryleigh)

Anyways I figure they have gotten a free ride from the next while 'cause it's gonna take a lot to get me angry at them after this. LOL

4 comments:

Sam said...

Awww - that is so sweet!!!
A bear? Wow! I woould have been scared too - and love the Hogs the Computer - LOL!!

FeyRhi said...

The bear moment was one of the most terrifying of my life and I never even saw the stupid thing. My husband came running around the corner of the house yelling "BEAR!" I scooped Ryleigh up with one arm and headed towards Teaghan to grab her. I shook for a half an hour LOL. As for "Hogs the computer" I have to sit down and remind her that mummy writes stories and that is why I am on it so much. Of course this was a card she made at school so I'll have to say something in passing to her teacher so she understands too.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll nominate Teaghan and Ryleigh for Daughters of the Year. Give both of them a big hug from me

FeyRhi said...

Hugs delivered and an extra kiss. *muah*