Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Favourite Tub Toys

We all have them.

No I'm not talking about certain things that I know some of you are thinking of. *ahem* (that is another post for another time)

Books that you reread a hundred times. Perhaps it's one of the characters that you could relate to or just the story appealed. The ones you take into the tub with you when you don't have anything new. That is the one real drawback to ebooks if you don't have a palm reader. You can't take them in the tub. Although even if I had one, which I don't, I wouldn't want to risk dropping it into the water and damage it.

But I'm drifting again.

Last night I headed into my tub with my Theory of Deadman CD, Julie Garwoods "Mercy"; Julia Quinn's "How to Marry a Marquis", Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Born to be Bad" and Lyn Kurland's "This Is All I Ask" and my cranberry- orange candles.

I don't usually read all the books I bring in with me but sometimes I'm not sure what I am going to be in the mood for. Last night I only ended up reading Mercy. It's a great story with lots of fun backstory and fillers that add to the characters.

Had a great soak, sang along with the CD, drank a coffee spiked with Amarula, got hubby to cover my back with muscle cream after and I was out like a light. *G*
Thankfully I was able to get up and going with a bearable amount of groaning this morning.

Oh well at least if one of my characters in a future book takes up rowing I'll know what it feels like.

I can't be the only one that practically packs before going to have a bath, what do you like to read/listen to while soaking?

No comments: