Saturday, March 25, 2006

Snowflakes keep falling on my head...


It's the nearing the end of March and it started snowing on my way to work this morning. I would've been really annoyed, if it wasn't for the fact that it was so pretty. Big fat cottony snowflakes, that were melting on my window like cotton-candy does on my tongue. It wasn't that cold and there was no wind. It would have been perfect for a morning walk with the dog.

The subject of blog content has popped up on a few of my reads lately. Should a blog touch on a variety of topics or stick to one? Being that I am an aspiring author should I just talk only about the craft and my progress. Personally I think that is boring. I like reading about different people and their interests and hobbies.
I was thinking about it and as a writer I think that it feeds my creative side. Who know what I might read about that will trigger my imagination. Trigger the holy "What if?"

Like this morning as I drive and wondered What if this wasn't really snow....it was ash? Could it be possible for a volcano in this area to spout out a storm of ash and if you hadn't been watching the news you would go about your normal routine? What would happen if the road split open and lava bubbled up, what would I do? swerve? stop and run? hope I could drive through it?

Ok so my thought processes may have been subconsciously coloured by the fact that I didn't want to go to work this morning ;o)

Again I'm floating off topic.

I use my blog as a sounding board, both for myself and others, and I love to hear any sort of feedback. Sometimes I am venting, (with language alerts at the top of the page), or something that has happened, and yes about my on going efforts to get published. I'm hoping that one day I will be the one who triggers an idea in a passing visitor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may have had a point to all this but I started writing it early this morning at work and to be honest I've forgotten where I was going with it. It did stop snowing and nothing stayed on the ground but I've been feeling chilly all day. It's gonna be flannel pj's and work socks to bed tonight...poor hubby *G*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're definitely a wrier. :)

FeyRhi said...

I try ((hugs))