Friday, November 24, 2006

Just not going to make it.

No I'm not talking about the mutant cold that has moved from my head to my chest. At least my germs were considerate enough to hold off a full-on assult until after my weekend.

I am just not going to be a NanoWinner this year. I have removed my disgraceful word counter and need to face facts.

Now I could sit here and type all about the excuses and reasons I have for not finishing but that is exactly what they are. Excuses. Yes, the rejection stung more then I wanted to admit. Work has been hectic since my coworker was on vacation and this cold has knocked me over the bend. BUT the bottom line is I'm the one who procrastinated myself to the point where I ran out of time.

So lesson learned, (I hope) and I hang my head in shame.
Right after I blow my nose again.

*Note* You have to pop over to Dakota Cassidy's Blog and check out the clip she has posted there. It's called the "Evolution of Dance". I loved it! My daughter thinks it's awesome. Man, can that guy move. He must have been exhausted by the end.

1 comment:

Mechele Armstrong said...

Awww feel better. *hands a warm blankie and a cookie*

Rejections suck. No matter how nice they are.

I'm glad you sticking with the writing *muah*. And there's always next year on NaNo. (Hugs)

*pulls out the pom poms*