Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My camping trip

My apologies for leaving everyone hanging like that. I had all intentions of haveing a post written by now but I've been playing catch up with life since I returned. It was only 48 hours, How so many things can fall apart in that time I don't understand. But enough about that.

My camping trip with the Guides went very well thank you. Other then a couple scraped knees and what felt like an excess of mosquitos, we were injury free. I couldn't have wished for better weather. We took a long hike late Saturday afternoon in hopes of missing the majority of the humidity. Teaghan carried the camera for most of it and took lots of neat pictures.

Years ago we told the girls that faerys live in the root system in the bottom of old trees. The older the tree, the more likely it was a home to someone. I still remember the day we (mum, me and the girls) went on a hike and they knocked on trees yelling "You have a beautiful home". That was an interesting hike and a good story for another time. Needless to say I wasn't surprised to see she had taken the above picture when I looked at them later.

This picture was taken a short way farther down the trail. See that iridescent/glowing stripe just to the left of the centre. I don't know what it is either. If you click on the picture it will large size and still I can't figure it out. I can tell you what I think it is, and what I know lives in those woods but I'd love to hear you ideas. Maybe is was the flash reflecting on a spiders thread....or something that was almost caught on film?

I took this one about 20 feet after the other two Teaghan took. That my friends in a bonified faery circle. I saw another one a little farther away. I've know for years that there is more then just wildlife living in the Rockwood forests, it was nice to be able to catch a glimpse that they are still there. I wish I had gotten a better picture but if I went off the trail, it would have been a invitation for all the girls to follow me.

Not a good idea where there is poision ivy among that greenery...also one should never play around faery circles. *G*

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nothing like having a picture to confirm it. Then again you don't have to prove it to me. I miss Rockwood so much. It is a very healing place.