Sunday, June 28, 2009

I try not to speak ill of the dead.

It seems like everywhere I look today there are tributes to Michael Jackson. I know I'm not going to be popular in my views but really does the general public that this short of a memory.

This was a man who was just not right, and was probably more messed up then anyone ever knew.

Does mean I am glad to see him dead? No, of course not. Having a person's life end when they are only half way through it, is sad. On the other hand, the world is short one pedophile and his children might have a chance at a normal life. As long as there isn't some sort of long drawn out custody battle. Anyone else remember what happened to Anna Nicole's daughter? At least that little girl wasn't old enough to understand, the Jackson children are much older then that.

But to see everyone carrying on about his death like they are? There was a time when he was a talented musician, who I hope enjoyed his life and his music. Long before the plastic surgery, and extreme behaviour. He was the SELF-APPOINTED king of pop, it's not like he won a contest or anything.

To carry on like the music business will never be the same again? I think that's insulting to all the musicians out there that are incredibly talented, and don't rely on outrageous behaviour to bolster their sagging careers.

No comments: