Friday, April 24, 2009

Why do I find out a smidge too late?

It's no secret that my musical tastes have not changed much since I was 16 years old. I fully admitt that I enjoy all types of music from Clannad and Loreena McKinnett to In Flames and Nickleback. There are a couple of bands that I have loved from my early days and still listen too. First being Judas Priest and the other is Iron Maiden.

I just discovered tonight that there was a one night only showing of Iron Maiden's Flight 666, and it was on April 21.

3 DAYS AGO!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!

I'm so bummed. I hope I can pick up a DVD at some point in the future.

OK just a bit of Maiden trivia here. As far as I'm concerned Bruce Dickinson has the best set of 'pipes' (vocals) ever! Also did you know that he is a pilot, writer, has his own radio show and was invited to join the Olympic Fencing team .... but had to turn it down because it conflicted with his touring schedule. How cool is that!!!! I'll be 100 and still think Iron Maiden ROCKS!!!

No comments: