Thursday, September 06, 2007

Exercising my canines.

Hubby's mouth started watering at the beginning of August just thinking about Labour day weekend. Finally it arrived and after sharpening our canine's we headed down to the water front and RIBFEST! As you can see by the picture this isn't a small event. LOL According to yesterday's paper there was approx. 145,000 people that came to the event between Friday and Monday. I guess it's safe to say that my city isn't overrun by vegetarians. LOL

We were there on Sunday afternoon. See that cloud hanging over everyone's heads? BBQ smoke. mmmmmmmm I wish you could press your nose up aginst the screen and catch a whif. It is just that good. Behind where I took this picture is the beer tent, performance stage and a vendors area. far in the distance you can see the white peaked top of the second stage, and seating area. Between that all the food you can handle. RIBS, funnel cake, PULLED PORK, fudge, BBQ CHICKEN, corn-on-the-cob, fresh lemonade, RIBS and most important, BAKED BEANS. mmmmmmm Your tummy rumblin' yet? Mine is in memory. *G*

Bibbs Ribs from Florida, and Camp 31 from Alabama still have my vote for best ribs. Camp 31 has the BEST baked beans as well. Silver Bullet got my vote for pulled pork. This was the first year I tried it and I can't believed I have deprived myself of the pleasure. Imagine my surprise when I realized that Silver Bullet is from Fort Erie, Ontario. These aren't southern boys! They're Canucks but damn they make a mean pulled pork sandwich.

*sigh* Only 360 days till next year.



Aren't they just the cutest little carnivoires?

No comments: