Monday, August 21, 2006

So end's my Vacation *sigh*

"Ugh! That is just sick and wrong!" ~Comment from my oldest during 'the talk'

So I have a new word meter up. I'm not fighting the muse any more; if he wants to work on the new one then so be it. As long as I finish something! The word count isn't as high as I had hoped but it's a good count. I cut out all the crap and nonsence and other NanoWriMo tricks I was using to bump up the number to my goal. Not that I think it is a bad idea to write from the hip, but I'm going to try to keep the meters accurate and not include my brainstorming.

It's back to work this afternoon. No more lounging around in my jammas. That sucks and my first day bad had to be a Monday too. Blech!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Progress is progress! I am becoming more and more a plotter rather than a panster myself. It takes a bit longer to get started but you know basically where you are going when you do. which actually maklesit less stressful until the characters say "well I don't want to go there rework it." then I find some way to torture them to get even *g*

And don't worry about jumping from project to project until you find one that talks to you to completion it happens the greats. Christine Feehan did a guest blog somewhere saying that she went through the same exact thing. I can't remember where it was but I emailed her and when I find out I will pass on the link!

Keep writing!! one word a day is better than none!!

(hugs)
Mo

FeyRhi said...

((Mo)) I can't wait to read it! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has done it.

I'm learning that the more you torture your characters the better the story...even if I do feel guilty sometimes.